Thursday, October 15, 2009

Kitchen Before and After

(Click on Picture!)

Its a before and after Party for Home improvement projects! So I thought I would post pics of my Kitchen, and I just finished my new little cornice yesterday so perfect timing.
I havn't posted any pictures of my kitchen since it got a facelift last year. So here it is so far...
I'm going to do the After first, because the before is quite scary.


AFTER










Before



We actually lived with the blue counter tops and laminate cupboards for a year. Then I ordered new cabinet doors, as plain wood (paint grade) and painted them myself. It took FOREVER but it was worth every second and saved alot of money! Then my brother put in new countertops for us, and My Husband put the crown moulding on top. I'd say it made quite a difference. I've been so happy with it.


Don't forget to go to the DIY Show Off (click here) & see all of the before and after projects that people have submitted! Lot of great projects to see! Or if you have a home improvement project you've been working on, Add your link to her site!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Shelbie! What a gorgeous transformation! Your cabinets are beautiful. You did that yourself? I love it! I need a tutorial! haha Our kitchen is on our to-do list (so many projects) and we have those laminate blue counters. SO UGLY! Your countertops, trim and new paint color really pull everything together. Love your kitchen! Thanks for adding your inspiration to the Show & Tell. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful transformation Shelbie! I love the cornice over the window - Is that an antique piece you found?

    blessings
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! yes I found it at an antique store then put some trim around it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your kitchen transformation! Where did you order the doors from? and what color are the cabinets painted.I hope mine will end up as good as yours look. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the measurements of the doors and I ordered them from a cabinet company. I just had them give me the cheapest wood and at paint grade. The color is Ralph Lauren - Faded Cloud. Then there is brown in the creases. Any brown will work, depending on the look you want.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing a great job on the kitchen redo. That's an ambitious project and you guys are pulling it off. LOVE the cornice above the window.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kitchen looks AWESOME! We are going to attempt painting our cabinets in the near future and was wondering if you could give a few specifics. Color/kind of paint? Glaze? Primer? Any advice you would have after going through the process???

    ReplyDelete